Tommy Bahama Pina Colada Cake
photo by Cook4_6
- Ready In:
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix, Pillsbury Deluxe
- 2 cups white chocolate mousse mix, prepared
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 3⁄4 cup toasted coconut
- Bake cake as directed in 2 – 8"″ rounds. Cool. Slice off rounded top level with baking pan and cut each cake into 2 layers (4 cake layers in total).
- Make Mousse according to the directions.
- Whip the heavy cream, and fold into the mousse.
- Generously brush each layer of the cake with dark rum.
- Spread the mousse mix evenly thick on the first layer. Sprinkle with some of the pineapple.
- Top with next cake layer and again, spread with mousse then pineapple. Continue with each layer. The layers of the cake and mousse should be the same height.
- Coat the sides and top with the mousse mix.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut over the finished cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, cut into 8 pieces and serve at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota and moved to Ohio in 1978. It was quite a culture shock going from the city to living next to the Amish. I spend most of my time cooking, cleaning and caring for my four kids. I have abandoned cookbooks and now cook from favorite, wilted recipe pages and the internet. I fell in love with my Italian family recipes (Scavo, Rotella, Scalzo, Micelli, Grande, Gigliotti) and my Mom's homecooked meals.