Tomatoes With Basil and Creme Fraiche
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 7 ounces creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- In a cast iron frying pan, or at least a heavy one, melt the butter. Cut the tomatoes in half and season them with salt and pepper.
- Over a low heat, cook the tomatoes, cut side down, for about 10 minutes. (The butter should foam and turn light brown, if it starts getting too dark, your heat is up too high).
- Turn the tomatoes over and add the creme fraiche.
- Leave to heat for 2 more minutes. Stir in the basil. Adjust the salt and pep, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty and so easy to prepare. Makes a wonderful side-dish, especially for meat or fish that doesn't have a lot of sauce. I was surprised at how well the creme fraiche went with the tomatoes. I used the low fat variety to reduce the calories. The only thing that puzzles me is why the recipe is called 'baked' tomatoes when it's all done in a frying pan!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<a href="http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/?action=view¤t=wallabies.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/wallabies.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>