Tomato, Sausage and Bean Pasta
- Ready In:
- 8 thin Italian sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans (Lima)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 packet rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente (tubular)
- extra rosemary, to garnish
- Fry or grill sausages until brown& cooked through.
- Slice thinly.
- Heat oil in a frying-pan add onion and garlic, saute until onions are soft.
- Add beans and rosemary, stir until fragrant& heated through.
- Add undrained tomatoes, sugar and cream; simmer uncovered for for about 10 minutes, or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add sausages; simmer a further 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Add the hot cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve garnished with rosemary& enjoy with hot garlic or herb bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I hate to give poor reviews for dishes and rarely do. But, this dish has no flavor and everyone declined to eat. :-( My husband described it by saying it was so bland that you taste the starchiness of the pasta. I think the combination of cream, butter beans and pasta were too overpowering. Also, 1 tsp of sugar and rosemary are not enough to flavor the dish. I desparately tried to liven it up with no avail. You just couldn't break up the bland creaminess of the ingredients... it tasted chalky. Sorry.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
G'day! I'm from Gippsland, Australia. I am a SAHM (stay at home mum) to my two gorgeous children who are 2 years & 6 months. My passions are cooking, scrapbooking, & reading which I enjoy doing in my rare "ME" time. I love finding & trying new recipes & am very fortunate that my family are not fussy!