Tomato Sauce for Pasta--With a Twist!
- Ready In:
- Heat oil and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Sautee onion and carrot on low until soft.
- Add garlic, and fry for one or two minutes more.
- Add ground beef and brown thoroughly.
- Add crushed tomatoes and canned tomatoes, tomato paste and red pepper paste; simmer 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Add fresh or dried basil and oregano and black pepper to taste.
- Serve over short pasta like farfalle, penne or rotini.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i'm a "mature" student at RMIT in environment/social science. I love absurd movies, thick books, and bush walking, and i travel a LOT. My goal after graduating is to develop a school kitchen-garden initiative, and work to improve the quality of food available in school cafeterias. healthy food is fun food!