Tomato Salad With Lemon and Basil
A super simple and quick salad for summer. It is perfect to take on a picnic, as it does not need refrigeration and goes with just about any main course. Use this recipe as a springboard, so to speak, and feel free to add mild onions or fresh mozzarella. We had it tonight as a side dish with a cheeseburger and it was perfect. Prep time includes 10 minutes of marinating time. NOTE: Make sure you use a full-flavored olive oil and let the prepared salad sit at room temp for at least 10 minutes, otherwise it won't turn out quite as yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- fresh basil (to garnish)
- Bring tomatoes to room temperature.
- Toss all ingredients and allow to sit 10 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Plate up the salads and garnish with a basil leaf or two and fresh ground black pepper if you like.