Tomato Salad With Fried Feta
A different take on the Greek salad. This recipe was adapted from Perfect Greek, a collection of 100 essential recipes.
- Ready In:
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 pinch sugar
- 12 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 ounce arugula leaf
- 20 black Greek olives
- 7 ounces Greek feta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Whisk together 3 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, sugar, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Divide and arrange the tomatoes, onion, arugula, and olives on four plates.
- Cut the feta cheese into 1" cubes. Beat egg in a small bowl and put the flour on a plate. Toss the cheese into the egg and shake off excess. Toss the egg coated cheese in the flour on the plate.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Add the cheese and fry over medium heat, turning until all sides are golden brown.
- Scatter the fried feta over the salad. Whisk the dressing again and spoon over the salad. Serve while the feta cheese is still warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow, what a terrific recipe Nan. I love feta and it is amazing prepared this way. It brings the salt out even more but in a good way. The dressing is light and refreshing and works well with all the ingredients in the salad. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will enjoy again and again. Kudos on making it into my favorites cookbook for 2016. Made as written for CQ3 - Greece.Reply
see 2 more