Tomato Salad with Feta and Olives
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- kosher salt or coarse salt
- 1⁄2 lb cucumber, peeled,seeded,and cut into small dice
- 1⁄2 lb cherries or 1/2 lb grape tomatoes, in assorted colors halved
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved (approx. 15)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Crumble feta into a small bowl.
- Add chopped mint and toss; set aside.
- Season the tomato slice with salt and then arrange them, overlapping slightly, on a serving platter Sprinkle the cucumber over the tomato slices.
- Season the grape or cherry tomatoes with salt and scatter them over the cucumbers.
- Sprinkle the olives on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad.
- Scatter feta cheese over the salad, garnish with mint and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Ontario and work full time as a consultant in IT for a communication company in another province. I create test cases and scripts and initiate the testing for the software changes that the programmers make to the company’s various programs. I have the pleasure of working from my home and dialling into their network. I also sell Avon for fun. I met my husband (Paul) on a blind date. We dated 3 years and have been married for 25 years. We have two children a son(age 20) and a DD(age 17). We have been blessed with the best two kids anyone could ask for. DH is a commerical airline pilot and currently is a "Check Pilot" on the A320. He is away quite a bit, so when he comes home I try to make sure he has a decent meal. He eats out when on the road so he really enjoys a good home cooked meal when he arrives home, while the rest of us want to go and eat out. I love to spend time in my garden, travel and try new recipes. DH and I love to travel or just spend time at a cottage in the summer. I have not been on a cruise but hope to within the next 2 years (maybe for our 25th wedding anniversary.) We pretty much eat anything. DH especially loves seafood (more than I do.) while I prefer to eat chicken. We are so predicable when ordering our meal at a restaurant. Next, I think it would have to be Italian and then something spicy like Thai or Indian. My family loves Indian food but I have never had the courage to make it. Maybe I will someday. I like to read true stories and criminal books. David Baldacci is one of my favourite authors. My favorite restaurant is "Bin 23", "Einsteins Cafe," "Abberfolye Mill" My brother sent me the link to Recipezaar and now I am hooked trying new recipes every day. I don't think I will buy another cook book. <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Stockingswapcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/37305/candyswap.jpg"> <img src="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg"> <a href="http://www.amazingcounter.com"><img border="0" src="http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2232760&c=6698593" alt="frontpage widget"></a><a href="http://www.4computercoupons.com">Buy Laptop</a> <a href="http://www.4computercoupons.com/dell-coupons.html">Computer</a>