Tomato Orzo Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 cup onion, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Add onions, celery, and carrots and olive oil to large stockpot on medium-high. Cook, stirring, 6-7 minute Add chopped garlic. Cook 2 min, until vegetables are tender.
- Add all tomatoes; simmer about 10 minute Add stock; return to simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta. Simmer 8-10 min, stirring often, until pasta is firm but tender. Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream to soup; fold in basil. Ladle into warmed bowls to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!