Tomato, Olive & Mozzarella English Muffin Pizza
- Ready In:
- 4 English muffins, split
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or more if you are like me)
- 4 large tomatoes, very ripe
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 pitted black olives, halved
- 1 3⁄4 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- salt and pepper
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- Toast muffin halves uner broiler until golden, about 2-3 minutes
- Mix garlic, butte and basil together and spread on each muffin half.
- Cut cross shape in the base of each tomato and plunge into bowl of boiling water. After a few minutes, pick up tomato with a fork and peel away skin.
- Chop tomato flesh and mix with tomato paste and olives.
- Divide mixture between muffins.
- Mix dressing ingredients and drizzle over each muffin. Arrange mozarella slices on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Return muffins to broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with basil and serve at once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mom to 2 boys, ages 11 and 6. My youngest is a cancer survivor, so we enjoy each day given to us! You never know what can happen in your life! I have been in the loan business for over 10 years and I love it. Unfortunately, this economy has put a wrench into my awesome career. After a couple layoffs, I decided I need to do something else for awhile. I am now selling advertising, and it's different! I am thankful to have a job, so can't complain much! I love to cook. I can spend a whole Sunday in the kitchen just cooking away. I love trying new recipes (my boyfriend hates it. Lol. He likes what he likes and would be fine never trying anything new.) I never bake. I think it's because I don't measure. I am a throw-in-the-ingredients until they taste good kind of girl. I LOVE this site(actually, I am addicted to it) and am enjoying finding new things to make everyday!