Tomato Bisque Weight Watcher's Style
- Ready In:
- 2 medium chayotes
- 2 carrots
- 1 stalk celery, including top
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 (500 ml) carton fat-free chicken broth (about 2 cups)
- 6 plum tomatoes, meduim very ripe
- 2 fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 large garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- Put chicken broth in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Peel and cube chayote. Rough chop onion. Slice celery and carrots into 1” pieces. (Peel carrot if desired)
- Add vegetables and herbs to broth and heat to a low boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and cool. (it is easier to process food that isn't still hot).
- Process in small batches in the food processor or blender until creamy smooth and set aside.
- Core the tomatoes and roast under the broiler or with a flame tamer over a gas burner. Turn as the tomatoes cook. Don't worry if the skin is a little blackened– it adds flavor.
- Roast the garlic still in the skin until lightly brown. Peel and slice.
- Process the tomatoes and garlic in the food processor or blender on rough chop.
- Add to chayote mixture and reheat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!