Tomato Beef Vegetable With Swiss Chard Soup
photo by djak1972
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 540 ml chickpeas, drained and strained
- 8 cups chicken bouillon
- 4 cups water
- 600 ml crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped swiss chard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ground beef, and drained
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup and 1/2 cooked macaroni
- 1. In a large skillet with olive oil and butter,fry onion, celery, and carrots until softened, add garlic and tomato paste until garlic becomes fragrant.
- 2. Add salt and pepper to taste and Italian seasoning.
- 3. Add can of tomatoes and their juices.
- 4. Add 8 cups of bouillon and 4 cups of water into a separate pot on med heat, then add all skillet to the pot.
- 5. Add cooked ground beef and swiss chard to pot and bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, add cooked macaroni and chick peas, continue heating for 5 minutes and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!