Tomato Basil Soup Crockpot
Tomato soup for crockpot. For smoother soup puree in a blender or with an immersion stick. I have used just plain tomato juice and dried basil.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 5 large tomatoes, peeled seeded diced or 15 ounces tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable juice, V-8 juice
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 18 leaves basil, minced fine or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place tomatoes, vegetable juice, onion, garlic, basil, Italian seasoning, butter, salt and pepper in crock pot on low so this doesn't boil.
- last 1/2 hour add canned milk
- At end of cooking, puree.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It was OK. I didn't use V8 and instead googled its recipe and juiced celery, carrots, toms, ginger, apple, lemon, beet, oregano, half a bell pepper. I know its the healthiest soup I've ever eaten, but was a tad bit bland and pumpkin-colored. I think it needs more tomato, garlic and basil and less ginger. Also, perhaps because I didn't use V8 (which may add sweeteners) mine needed to be more sweet! Maybe my tomatoes (organic, imported - I live in Singapore) were less than ripe. But I definitely recommend the juicer if you're into home made soups.Reply
Not all that easy to make but very good. It was kinda sweet but had a good flavor. My DW did not like the sweetness but 3 of us did. We used fresh hanover tomatoes and they make a excellent base. overall more liked it than not. The sweetness was the biggest factor as to how our guests liked itReply