photo by foodieforlife2
- Ready In:
- Cook the pasta with some salt 'al dente' according to its package instructions and drain, wash with cold water.
- Prepare the vegetables: half the cherry tomatoes, slice the mushrooms, and shredd the basil (you can be a bit more liberal with the amount if you want). Last, chop the garlic-clove.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and add the pancetta. Stir on medium heat for about a minute until the pancetta gets crisp. Turn the heat down and add the garlic. Toss it for another minute, until slightly 'fried'*.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes, frequently turning them around. Now, add half of the port and cook further for 2 minutes until almost all the [port] liquid has evaporated.
- Turn the heat back to medium-heat and add the mushrooms and black pepper. Stir around the vegetables for 1 minute, and add the remaining port. Let the liquid evaporate slightly, after which you add the shredded basil.
- Cook for 2 more minutes until the basil has shrunk. At this stage, the vegetables should still be 'pooling' in a bit of liquid, which you do need to add flavor the pasta.
- Add the pasta and turn down the heat. Stir around for 2-3 minutes, to absorb [most of ] the sauce.
- Done! Serve in nice pasta bowls with some Parmesan/Pecorino cheese [if desired].
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!