Tomato, Bacon and Onion Fettuccine
Fast and really good. On the table in under 30 minutes. Original recipe calls for fresh tomatoes, but I actually prefer to use canned, diced ones. I like to add a little of the juice into the pasta when I toss it to keep it moist.
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped, fresh OR 1 14.5 oz. canned diced tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- Cook pasta to desired doneness. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- In medium skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove and set on paper towels to drain. Reserve 1 tbsp drippings in the skillet. Add onion and cook until crisp-tender.
- Crumble bacon, add bacon, tomato and basil to the onions. Cook until just heated.
- Add to cooked pasta and toss well. Add salt and pepper if you want.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious! So quick to put together with everything on hand,always a plus! I knew as soon as I saw the simple list of ingredients I'd love this and I did! Skipped breakfast knowing it was going to be my lunch, yum! Made as directed and next time I'll try it with fresh tomoatoes. Thanks for sharing this easy and delicious meal! :)Reply