Tomato and Basil Pasta - No Straining, Just Stirring
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces linguine or 12 ounces any type pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large sweet onion, cut julian
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 large fresh basil sprigs
- 4 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients to large pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low simmer.
- and cook covered about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring about every 2 minutes.
- Cook until liquid is mostly gone, I left about 1 inch.
- Season with Salt and pepper and garnish with Parmesan cheese as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"