Tomatillo Salsa Verde
photo by Mika G.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatillos
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- Remove papery husks from tomatillos and rinse well.
- Cut in half and place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place under a broiler for about 5-7 minutes to lightly blacken the skin.
- Place tomatillos, lime juice, onions, cilantro, jalapeno peppers and sugar in a blender (or food processor) and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Keep in refrigerator.
- Serve with chips or as a salsa accompaniment to Mexican dishes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a working wife and mother of 3. My boys are teenagers (17 and 19)and my daughter is 10 years old. My daughter was adopted from South Korea and because of that Korean food has become one of my passions. We visited Korea for two weeks in the summer of 2007 and had the best time ever! We love Korea! </p> <p><br /><a href=http://www.niftymaps.com/visitor-map.php?id=32782><img src=http://i.niftymaps.com/32782.png border=0 alt=Click to zoom in on my visitor map! /></a> <br /> <br />Click on the map to see my most recent visitors! :) <br /> <br /> <br /><a href=http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc269/erinalexa00/Anne%20Taintor/?action=view&current=37081.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc269/erinalexa00/Anne%20Taintor/37081.jpg border=0 alt=Anne Taintor Make Your Own Damn Dinner Retro Vintage /></a></p>