Tomatillo Salsa by Marina
This salsa is the absolute best....Every time we attend a party, Marina is asked for the recipe. She always hesitates, as she says it is too easy to be a recipe, as all ingredients are to taste. I've tried to measure out ingredients but as Marina stated, add to your own taste.
- Ready In:
- 20 dried chilies, Japones (Japanese Chili Peppers) or 20 dried arbol chilies
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 15 tomatillos
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Toast the chile Japones in a hot cast iron frying pan. Be careful as the fumes are really strong.
- Peel the papery skin off the tomatillos and boil in water until they turn a yellowish color or until they are soft (about 10-15 minutes).
- Put the toasted chilies, garlic, onion and cooked tomatillos in a food processor and mix until well blended and chilies are tiny flecks. If too thick, add a little of the tomatillo water.
- Pour into a container and add the chopped green onions and chopped cilantro. Mix well. Store in refrigerator.