Tofu Whipped Cream
- Ready In:
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) box extra-firm silken tofu (I use Mori-Nu)
- 1⁄3 cup oil or 1/3 cup soy margarine
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (or honey if you're not vegan) or 1/4 cup sugar (or honey if you're not vegan)
- 1 tablespoon soymilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon of your favorite liqueur (optional)
- Whip ingredients together in food processor until very smooth.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is delicious! My box of mori-nu was 12.3 oz. but it still worked fine. I used maple syrup and vanilla soy milk, omitted the liqueur and used a soy butter substitute. Next time I might use less soy butter. I ate a lot of this straight out of the blender! The texture is similar to pudding and will be great for satisfying my ice cream cravings! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe; I'll use it lots!