Tofu Veggie Balls
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 24 ounces firm tofu
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, carrot, pepper, basil, fennel and oregano in the oil for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then add all other ingredients except the tofu.
- Mash the tofu and add it to the other ingredients; mix well.
- Form the mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 350°F or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Although, I didn't have any walnuts and used a mixture of cashews and almonds instead, we loved these and I will certainly be making them again. The mixture was a little wet so I plopped spoonfuls on my baking sheet instead of forming them into balls. They came out looking a little like cookies, which didn't bother me at all,