Tofu " Bacon"
- Ready In:
- Heat frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add butter or oil.
- Thinly slice tofu into strips. The thinner you slice these, the more flavour they will absorb and the better they will crisp up.
- Place tofu in the pan in a single layer.
- Sprinkle evenly with soy sauce (or tamari) and liquid smoke. You can give the pan a little shake to coat evenly, but it should spread well.
- Fry the tofu until browned and crispy on both sides, turning occasionally. The more you cook it, the crisper it will be, the better it will taste.
- Optional - drizzle a little maple syrup over tofu once cooked.
- Serve with pancakes, eggs or in a "B".L.T. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!