Tofu and Eggplant Green Curry
photo by hello
- Ready In:
- 600 g firm tofu
- 400 g eggplants or 400 g aubergines
- 100 g shallots
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g cornstarch, for dusting
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 fresh basil leaf (optional)
- 1 red Thai chile (optional)
- 15 ml vegetable oil, for a non-stick pan
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro or 1 bunch coriander
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 4 pieces green jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 2 pieces shallots
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 limes, juice
- Cut firm tofu into inch-sized cubes and pan-fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Slice shallots into thin rings. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Lightly dust with cornstarch and fry until crispy. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the curry paste in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Heat about a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan and roast the curry paste, stirring constantly, until aromatic.
- Add in vegetable stock into the pan to deglaze.
- Add in coconut cream and eggplant. Cook until the eggplant is tender.
- Add in tofu and heat for about a minute.
- Season to taste with salt or fish sauce.
- Serve topped with fresh basil leaves, fried shallots, and red thai chilis.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!