Toffee Studded Snickerdoodles
photo by Katzen
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat butter, shortening and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat thoroughly.
- Stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in toffee bits.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon together.
- Shape cookie dough into 1 1/4 inch balls, roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Set onto cookie sheet and bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool slightly then remove from cookie sheet.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Greetings! I live in western Wisconsin with my wonderful husband, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 4 horses, 1 mule and an Amazon parrot. My husband is a Certified Natural Hoof Care Practitioner and Field Instructor which keeps him very, very busy. I am a nurse and have been working in an elementary school since 1989. We have two grown sons. Our older son is an Air Force Academy graduate and pilot (engaged to be married in October 2006) and our younger son is working on a degree in Marketing. My husband and I love to travel and camp in our 5th wheel trailer or spend time at our cabin in northern Minnesota. I love spending time with my family and friends. I am an avid reader, belong to a local book club, and I never go anywhere without a book. In my free time, I enjoy going to movies, traveling and shopping with my girlfriends, collecting and displaying my Department 56 Snow Village pieces, adding to my Wizard of Oz collection, taking cooking classes, collecting cookbooks, playing cards and board games and at present, I am a member of three 500 card clubs. However, my real passion is cooking!!