Toffee Snowballs (Russian Teacakes or Mexican Wedding Cookies)
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup real butter, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 3 ounces toffee pieces
- 3 ounces mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, for rolling cookies
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Cream butter until light & fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla and water. Mix well. Stir flour and salt into mixture. Add pecans, toffee bits and mini chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Roll in powdered sugar while warm. Once cooled, roll in powdered sugar again.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.