photo by Pamela
- Ready In:
- 1 (300 g) package toppables crackers
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Grease bottom two 9x13-inch pans.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with a single layer of crackers.
- Boil butter and sugar.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour over crackers immediately.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Promptly remove from pan and separate.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- (You can also top with nuts before baking).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
If you like sweet/salty this is a great combo and very easy to make. We don't have toppables but found Ritz has come out with "Toppers" and used those. Don't put too much sauce on the crackers - I had one pan that had a lot (it poured too fast on me) and the 2nd pan didn't have as much and the 2nd pan turned out better. The sugar mixture bubbled up better it made a nicer looking topping on the cracker. You could possibly get enough sauce for another pan or atleast a 1/2 pan.