Toasted Sesame Greens
photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 12 ounces spinach or 12 ounces other leafy greens
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Place a large pan over high heat until hot.
- Add oil, swirling to coat bottom. Add ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add spinach and broth; stir once, then cover.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring once, until greens are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, and sesame seeds.
- Toss to distribute seasonings and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great quick and yummy way to serve up greens! I've used this recipe with spinach, chard, and collard greens with great results. . . though for collards you might want to let them cook a few minutes longer. My only changes are to add a couple cloves of garlic at the beginning and use ground ginger (adding it in with the broth). This is a keeper!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Greetings everyone! My name is Mary and I am a native Floridian. I live in Central Florida with my wonderful husband of 13+ years. I enjoy cooking simple dishes with simple ingredients.