Toasted Green Beans With Mustard Seeds and Garlic
photo by sofie-a-toast
- Ready In:
- Trim the beans and chop the beans i half.
- Heat the oil and the butter on medium-high heat for a minute and add in the mustard seeds and wait for them to crackle and pop, this takes about 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat for a minute or so and then turn back the heat on low and add in the garlic and gently cook until the garlic is pale golden and fragrant. This takes less than a minute.
- Add in the green beans and stir well with the red chili powder and the salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the beans are cooked through.You may need to add a few tablespoons of water to keep the garlic and mustard from burning.
- Uncover, turn up heat to high and lightly char/brown the beans to your liking, being careful not to burn the spices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!