Toasted Garlic Hamburger Buns
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- Place 1/2 cup of the water, sugar and yeast in a large bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Let stand for 2-3 min or until yeast is dissolved.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup water, 1 Tbs of the oil and 1 cup of the flour.
- Beat at low speed until combined.
- Add the salt.
- With the mixer running, slowly add enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Beat at medium low speed for 5 min or until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a greased medium sized bowl, turn over to grease both sides.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 min or until doubled in size.
- Gently punch down the dough to deflate.
- Place on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces.
- Form each piece inot a ball and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover with a towel and let stand for 3 minute.
- Flatten into 3 3/4-inch rounds.
- Cover again with a towel and let rest for 15 minute.
- Place another lightweight baking sheet or pan on top of the towel covering the buns. This will act as a weight, making the buns flatter and more even.
- Let the buns rise again for 25 min or until doubled in size. The dough should hold slight indentation when gently pressed.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 375ºF.
- With the side of a knife, mash the garlic with a dash of salt until a fine paste forms, or you can use a mini food processor.
- Place in a small cup and stir in the remaining 1 Tbs of olive oil.
- Brush the tops of the buns with the garlic mixture.
- Bake for 20 min or until golden brown and bottoms sound hollow when gently tapped.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made this recipe a few times for dinner and love it! I no longer buy buns because the homemade garlic buns taste a million times better! I add some garlic to the dough mixture as well as on top because I am a garlic feen! This recipe is quite easy and quick for making buns. I usually make it the same day I need it for dinner rather than having to wait over night or several hours for the dough to rise. I've used this for hamburgers, meatball sliders, bbq sandwhiches,etc. This recipe is great for anything!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> Hi! My name is Robin, and welcome to my about me page. I will try to be as brief as possible, but I tend to be long winded. If you get bored at anytime, feel free to move on...I won't be offended. I was born in the great city of New Orleans, but have had the pleasure of travelling and living all over the place. My parents moved to Lafayette, Louisiana when I started high school. After high school, I was a nanny and lived in England (London). I miss it A LOT!! England, not the being a nanny part. I lived and got married in California (Los Angeles), but we moved back to Lafayette to be closer to family. Well, to make a long story short, things didn't work out and we got a D-I-V-O-R-C-E!!! After that, I packed up and moved to Texas (Beaumont). I met the love of my life (Toby) on-line - believe it or not - and he whisked me away to Kentucky (Louisville). Which is where I lay my head and call home now. I absolutely love it here!! I love having seasons!! The trees changing colors in Fall and snow in the Winter, along with a BEAUTIFUL Spring and HOT Summer!! We live in the house Toby grew up in, and are about to start doing some MUCH needed renovations! (I DEMAND A BIGGER KITCHEN!!) I have recently (this past year) started growing my own herbs. I threw in a few tomato plants for good measure :D. Now I have the bug!! I want more more MORE!! So Toby has so lovingly decided to make me an actual garden. This way I can grow all sorts of fun stuff!! I can't wait!! I love fresh home grown veggies and stuff!! And NOTHING beats fresh herbs!!! Toby has a son (Zach, 11) from a previous marriage. I guess that would make me the wicked stepmom.....I hope not!!! We also have in our lovely family 2 dogs (Daisy, a Cockapoo who runs the house and Missy, a Black Lab), a cat (Mystery), and a ferret (Flower). I am a stay at home stepmom (that is my job), so I have all day to cook and look up different recipes. I LOVE it!! I have figured out that I can cook twice as much if I give half of what I cook away....LOL!! This means Toby's business partner and his wife eat just as well as we do!! They have told me on many occasions, that if I can't take Toby anymore they will add on to their house to make room for me. All I have to do is cook!! LOL!! My parents are foodies and I TOTALLY blame them for my passion for food!! I will try anything once. I have found that I really do like some things I "thought" I hated. Although, I do still HATE (green)peas!! Here is my rating key for reviews: ***** = HEAVEN - I would not change a thing!! **** = Was VERY good, but would make a few changes *** = Not a bad recipe, but would make quite a few changes if I made it again ** = Would have to make a lot of changes to enjoy * = Didn't enjoy it at all, and will probably not make again.