Toasted Couscous with Almonds and Raisins
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat.
- Add the couscous and toast the grains, stirring or shaking the pan frequently, until the grains become brown and fragrant.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the almonds to the hot skillet and toast them in the same way, stirring frequently.
- Transfer them to another plate.
- Bring the stock to a boil with the celery, salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne.
- Simmer about 3 minutes or until the celery is slightly softened.
- Add the couscous and raisins to the saucepan and stir gently just to mix.
- Cover the pan, remove from the heat, and allow to stand about 5 minutes or until the couscous is tender.
- Add the almonds to the couscous and, with a fork, stir the mixture lightly to fluff up the grains.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation