Toasted Couscous W/ Grilled Mango and Zucchini
- Ready In:
1 1/3 cup servings
- 2 cups israeli couscous (pearl)
- 1 mango
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock, seafood stock or 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Thoroughly preheat grill to medium high.
- In a dry, medium saucepan over medium-low heat, toast couscous, stirring frequently, until golden-brown, 8-10 minutes. (You can skip this step in a pinch, but it's worth it!).
- Peel mango; stand mango on its end with a skinny edge facing you and, with knife close to the seed core, cut a 1-inch slice off each of the two sides. Then cut each of those slices into two 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/3-inch to 1/2-inch slices.
- Brush mango and zucchini pieces with vegetable oil on all sides, season lightly with a pinch of salt, and grill until charred and tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool; cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil. Add couscous, stir, cover, reduce heat to simmer, and cook about 7 minutes.
- Add mango, zucchini, butter, parsley and salt.
- Cook another minute and taste for seasoning and doneness. Keep warm.
- Serve as a side with Grilled Chile-Lime Shrimp (recipe#458350).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!