Toast With Tomatoes and Cream Cheese
This is an easy sandwich to put together, that we like to have for brunch, but it can be eaten at any time. It is especially good in the summer when the tomatoes have lots of flavor.
- Ready In:
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- salt, as needed
- pepper, as needed
- Toast the bread slices, and while still warm, spread both pieces of toast with some or all of the butter.
- Take one slice of buttered toast and spread with some or all of the cream cheese.
- Top with thin slices of tomatoes.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Top with the other slice of buttered toast.
- Eat at once.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Occ the simplest of recipes can be among lifes satisfying pleasures & such was the case when I made this sandwinch for my brunch today. I used whole wheat bread + a black pepper & seasoning salt combo. Some fresh-snipped chives might be an excellent add here, but I liked it a lot as written. Made for PAC - Fall 2007 & thx for sharing your recipe w/us.Reply