To Die for Brownies
No other recipe I've found compares. The ultimate cake-like brownie. After many years this recipe still holds strong in our family.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt (set aside).
- Combine melted butter, cocoa, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend dry mix into moist mixture.
- Add nuts and pour batter into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 35 minutes or until it just starts to pull away from sides.
- ICING: Melt butter in saucepan with milk on medium/low.
- Combine cocoa with sugar and stir into milk mixture.
- Add vanilla and let cool till spreading consistency (will be runny at first).
- Sprinkle with more nuts if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 65 more