Tiramisu: Lift Me Up
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese (or use 8 oz. ricotta and 8oz. cream cheese,)
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 2 cups whipping cream (heavy)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup espresso, cold (or add 1 oz. coffee liqueur to coffee) or 1 cup very strong coffee (or add 1 oz. coffee liqueur to coffee)
- 1⁄4 cup light rum or 1/4 cup brandy
- 22 lady savoiardi (or more (you find them in Italians food stores)
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in 2 quart sauce pan, beat in milk until sugar is dissolved.
- Heat to a boil over low to medium heat, stirring constantly.
- reduce heat and boil for one minute.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Mix egg milk mixture with cheese and grated chocolate, set aside. (refrigerate)
- Beat whipping cream and 2 tablespoons of cocoa in chilled bowl until stiff, refrigerate.
- Mix coffee with rum, or brandy and coffee liqueur, (optional)
- Dip half savoiardi in coffee mixture, ( do not soak)
- arrange in single layer in ungreased rectangular baking dish (11 X 7 X 1.1/2'')
- Spread half cheese mixture over savoiardi.
- Spread half of the whipped cream over the cheese mixture.
- Repeat with remaining savoiardi, cheese mixture and whipped cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with cocoa and or grated chocolate.
- P S You can add vanilla extract when beating eggs and sugar. (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!