Tiny Pasta and Egg Soup
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 1 cup pastina or 1 cup any other type tiny pasta
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
- Beat the eggs.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Season the stock with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pastina, cook for 1 minute and add the beaten eggs and remove from the heat.
- Whisk until eggs form strings.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and olive oil (or unsalted butter) and parsley if using.
- Hug your friend or yourself and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!