Tilapia Picata or Chicken Picata With Capers
photo by ridergirl
- Ready In:
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 4 tilapia fillets or 4 chicken cutlets
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons morton natures seasoning or 1 1/2 teaspoons lawrys seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- In a skillet pan place 1/2 the butter and olive oil to heat up on medium high.
- place all the dry ingredients in a gallon size plastic baggy, mix well and then add the tilapia or chicken and coat well.
- place the tilapia/chicken in the oil/butter mix and cook without burning ( lower heat if needed) so it cooks half way and is golden brown approximately 4 min, then flip to cook other side of tilapia.
- let talapia/chicken cook 1- 2 min then add remaining butter, capers, lemon juice and chicken broth. reduce heat to med low and sauce will thicken slightly.
- Serve with pasta, rice or with a veggie for a quick and tasty meal everyone will love.
- I actually double the sauce, pull out the fish when it is done place a little sauce over the fish and the remaining sauce I place over angel hair pasta. This is my daughter favorite meal. I make the same exact meal with chicken cutlets as well. Garnish with lemon slices on top of Tilapia or Chicken cutlets.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!