photo by RandomParadoX
- Ready In:
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh off the stem or granulated )
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives (sliced )
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced )
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion (sweet, finely chopped )
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 6 lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray (olive or canola).
- In a bowl, stir together oil, thyme, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, parsley, basil, chopped onions and lemon juice.
- In the prepared baking dish, arrange the fillets skin side down and season with salt.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the fillets abundantly.
- Bake, uncovered, in the middle of the oven for about 15 or 20 minutes or until fish just flake.
- Garnish fish with lemon slices and fresh Thyme .
- Now comes the best part, sit down with your loved ones and enjoy !
- Hope you will go wild for this dish as my family did.
- You may want to serve this with risotto or tortellini .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a really good way to prepare tilapia, or probably any mild white fish. I did not have any black olives, otherwise I followed the recipe and it was fantasitc! Next tiime I will try it with the black olives. My DH said "put this recipe in your "repeat" file" so I will certainly be making it again! Thanks for sharing this great way to make tilapiia!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">