Tiger's Quiche - Jamie Oliver
- Ready In:
For the pastry
- 500 g plain flour
- 100 g lard
- 150 g butter
- 2 large eggs
For the filling
- 5 large eggs
- 560 double cream
- salt, to taste
- ground nutmeg
- 200 g cheddar cheese or 200 g gruyere cheese, finely grated
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 50 g goat cheese, crumbled
- 10 slices pancetta (thin slices)
- thyme, tips mixed into
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190° Celsius.
- Rub together the flour and the fat.
- Add the eggs and bring together carefully.
- Chill in the refrigator for 1 hour.
- Once your pastry has chilled roll it out to fit an 11-inch/28-centimeter tin with a removable bottom and bake it blind for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperatur to 180° Celsius.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together then pour the filling into the pastry case.
- Sprinkle over the goat's cheese, lay over the pancetta slices and then finish off with a drizzle of thyme oil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!