TIBS Texas Beans
- Ready In:
- 2 (14 ounce) cans ranch style beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 nacho style canned jalapeno slices (Trappey's)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- salt (to taste)
- Drain 2 cans of ranch style beans. Add to pot.
- Drain 1 can of diced tomatoes. Add to pot.
- Cut 2 slices of thick cut bacon into 1 " pieces. Add to pot.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to blend.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 40 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a single Dad of 3 kids. I've been a bachelor for 15 years. I took an interest in cooking at an early age. My Mom is a fantastic cook. Before I was ever allowed to cook a meal on her stove, she taught me the importance of spices. After high school, I split time as a ranch hand and cook for a renowned area restaurant. I went to chili cook offs with the owner and over the years I also served as a judge for a few. I have always enjoyed grilling and smoking more than anything else I cook. I have created many of my own recipes. And adapted others to my personal tastes. I have cooked for a lot of people over the years. And although I never entered a contest myself, many people who have not only entered but won big contests have tried my food. And I have often been asked why I don't enter. The answer is simple. My reward is the look of satisfaction on people's faces when they enjoy what they are eating. I don't need a trophy to enjoy the art of cooking. I just want to serve a good meal to good people who appreciate it.