TIBS Old Fashioned Lemonade
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- SIMPLE SYRUP.
- 1 cup granulated sugar*.
- 1 cup water.
- * You can reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup, if desired.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Boil for 5 minutes, without stirring. Remove from heat and let cool before using.
- In a large pitcher, combine freshly-squeezed lemon juice and cold Simple Syrup.
- Add water, lemon slices, and ice cubes; stir until well blended. Taste to make sure the lemonade is not too sweet for your taste, if so add additional cold water.
- Refrigerate approximately 50 to 60 minutes before servings.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice. Note: To prevent your ice from watering down your lemonade as it melts is to freeze some lemonade in your ice trays and use them to keep your drinks ice cold. It works great!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a single Dad of 3 kids. I've been a bachelor for 15 years. I took an interest in cooking at an early age. My Mom is a fantastic cook. Before I was ever allowed to cook a meal on her stove, she taught me the importance of spices. After high school, I split time as a ranch hand and cook for a renowned area restaurant. I went to chili cook offs with the owner and over the years I also served as a judge for a few. I have always enjoyed grilling and smoking more than anything else I cook. I have created many of my own recipes. And adapted others to my personal tastes. I have cooked for a lot of people over the years. And although I never entered a contest myself, many people who have not only entered but won big contests have tried my food. And I have often been asked why I don't enter. The answer is simple. My reward is the look of satisfaction on people's faces when they enjoy what they are eating. I don't need a trophy to enjoy the art of cooking. I just want to serve a good meal to good people who appreciate it.