Tia's Spicy Bean Stew
photo by Kumquat the Cats fr
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- spicy black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Pickapeppa Sauce (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot curry paste, this is (I use pataks brand) (optional)
- Get ready for easy! Put everything in a sauce pan or crockpot. Mix together. Cook on medium heat, then turn to simmer for 25 - 30 minutes, then low/warm for several hours. Add water as needed. I serve over rice or egg noodles. We have also eaten this "as is" with a hearty french bread for dipping! Is even better the next day!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Definitely 5 star-tasting, and very easy, though you'll have to monitor the water level if you are making it on the stove top (which is how I made it), which makes it strictly a weekend recipe for me. I added about 1/4 cup water three times. I had pickapeppa sauce and hot curry paste, so I couldn't see leaving it out. Since my BF doesn't like spicy that much, I used 1/4 teaspoon of each. I could see using 1/2 teaspoon next time. Instead of canned corn I used frozen. Thanks, this was delicious and BF liked it a lot too. Looking forward to leftovers.