Thyme Stuffed Mushrooms
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Use medium-size mushrooms, 15 in an 8-oz. container, picking out the 12 nicest and chopping the rest. From "Diabetes Cooking for Everyone", by Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 3/4 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium button mushrooms (white or brown)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Rinse and dry mushrooms. Set aside the 12 best for stuffing, removing and reserving the stems. Chop the stems and the extra mushrooms.
- Pour 1 teaspoons of the olive oil in an 8-inch baking pan and toss the 12 mushrooms in the oil; arrange cavity side up.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, garlic, and chopped mushrooms.Cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Fill the cavities of the mushrooms with the bread crumb mixture. Bake 12 minutes, or until mushrooms are cooked through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION