Thyme Roasted Butternut Squash With Gorgonzola
photo by Balancing Cinderella
- Ready In:
- 1hr 3mins
- 4 -5 cups butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (you can buy pre-cut in many stores)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 5 -8 fresh thyme sprigs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1. In a glass baking dish, mix the butternut squash and olive oil, Salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 35 minutes.
- 2. In a skillet, sauté onion in olive oil on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes. The onions will soften and begin to carmalize.
- 3. Add rosemary and garlic to the pan and sauté for a minute more.
- 4. Add the onion mixture to the butternut squash. Gently mix with a spatula.
- 5. Sprinkle Gorgonzola over the top.
- 6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 7. Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, my husband loves to eat - perfect combo! Other than his dislike of watermelon (?), everything else is fair game. My inspiration comes from multitude of places; I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as we do.