photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pie crust dough on a pizza baking sheet.
- Press down firmly and stretch so that the crust laps a touch over the edge will shrink slightly.
- Bake until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, by hand, mix milk, 1/4 cup lemon juice and vanilla together in bowl.
- Slice bananas and toss in remaining one teaspoon lemon juice so they don't turn brown on the pie.
- Pour off excess lemon juice and set bananas aside.
- Spread chilled milk mixture on cooled crust, leaving empty a 1/2 inch space from the edge (to look like a pizza).
- Decorate the pie with banana slices, pineapple chunks, pecans and cherries.
- Warm Hot Fudge Sauce and drizzle on top.
- If you like, you can take a can of whipped cream and create slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had been wanting to make this since I saw that scrumptious picture by GaylaJ! Finally got the job done and was totally happy with the outcome. It was easy to make, it was as lovely as the picture and it was delicious. I couldn't eat it all in one sitting by myself of course cause dh didn't want sweets, so I stuck it in the fridge in hopes of tomorrow. Well tomorrow has come and I want to tell everyone, that to my amazement, I like it even better the next day(had it as breakfast). It was still lovely and it still cut like a pizza! Thanks Peggy Lynn for this great recipe and for your quick response to my question. I do definetly believe this would travel well as long as you keep it cool.