Thum -- Garlic Sauce (Lebanon -- Middle East)
photo by Katzen
- Ready In:
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons yogurt (optional)
- 1 small potato, boiled, mashed (optional)
- In a mortar & pounding with a pestle, work the garlic cloves & a little salt until reduced to a very fine paste.
- Drizzle in the oil very slowly, stirring constantly to blend well.
- If you don't want the sauce to be as strong as this will be, add some yogurt and/or mashed potato & blend well before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a simple and heady garlic sauce, ready for use in any number of applications, from as simple as dipping flatbread into, to roasting potatoes in. I stuck with the first three ingredients, and worked the flavour into the oil - the salt seems necessary to the process. Thanks, Syd! Made for PRMR Tag.
see 1 more reviews