Three Mushrooms Crostini
This recipe is from the issue of February 2006 of Coup de Pouce. It is recommanded to use exotic mushrooms (oyster, shiitake, stem removed and portobello)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 baguette, cut in slices of 1/2 inches thickness
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallots, chopped or 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms, finely sliced (3/4 lb in total, read above in the recipe description)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon nut oil or 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- Spread baguette slices on a baking sheet. In a skillet, melt the butter at medium heat. Brush the slices with about 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Cook under the preheated grill for about 4 minutes or until the slices are golden and crispy (flip at mid-cooking). Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in the skillet, add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt, pepper and cook while stirring for about 7 minutes or until mushrooms are golden and liquid has evaporated. Add parsley and stir.
- When ready to serve, spread about 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture on each crostini and sprinkle with oil. Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A delicious mushroom recipe: very much a must try recipe for all mushroom lovers! :) Three of us thoroughly enjoyed these for a wonderful, leisurely Sunday brunch. Great blend of flavours and I've been asked to make them again soon, which I'm more than happy to do! My only addition to the recipe was to increase the garlic. Thank you for sharing another super recipe, Boomette! Made for Gimme 5.