Three Cheese Pastizzi
- Ready In:
- Place ricotta in a bowl andusing a fork mash until almost smooth and then add mozzarella and parmesan and season with salt and pepper, stir to combine and then add half the egg and stir again to combine.
- Preheat oven to 22oC (200C fan forced).
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a 10cm round cutter, cut 5 rounds from each pastry sheet and brush edge of round with egg.
- Spoon 1 level tablespoon of mixture onto centre of each round and spread to a 5cm log and then fold up 2 sides of pastry to enclose the log and pinch to seal and twist end to form points.
- Place of prepared trays and brush with remaining egg.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Stand for 4 minutes before serving.
- TO FREEZE - place uncooked pastizzi on a baking tray lined with baking paper and freeze for 2 to 3 hours or until firm and then transfer to a large snaplock bag, expel air from bag and freeze for up to 1 month.
- TO REHEAT - preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and place frozen pastizzi on prepared trays and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.