Three-Cheese Baked Pasta
Adapted from Southern Living April 2006. This is a very mild flavored cheese dish. Edited 3/28/07 to add extra seasoning.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta
- 2 (10 ounce) containers alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teasoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Stir together Alfredo sauce, sour cream, minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning; toss with pasta until evenly coated.
- Spoon half pasta mixture into a lightly greased 13 X 9 inch casserole dish.
- Stir together ricotta cheese and next three ingredients; spread evenly over pasta mixture.
- Spoon remaining pasta mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
VERY GOOD! I accidentally used a 16oz container of sour cream and made my own alfredo, but only made 16oz. It came together very well and was very tasty. Next time I will add shredded chicken. This was a nice change from the usual cheddar casserole. My 3 yr old enjoyed this as well. Thanks for posting!
Made this for dinner last night, omitting the sour cream (didn't have any) and eggs (again, all out) and it was pretty good, but VERY rich. I didn't fuss about layers, I just mixed it all together and threw it in the oven. I also added about a cup of chopped, steamed broccoli. Hubby said next time I need to add chicken. We have plenty of leftovers to enjoy today for lunch or dinner! Thanks!
This is an awesome pasta dish. You must have added the right seasonings, Juenessa, because I thought it was very flavorful! It was so easy to put together. I served a salad and garlic bread with it for a complete meal. The only thing I altered slightly is adding mozzarella cheese on the bottom layer before the ricotta cheese mixture. Delish!