Three Bean Turkey Chili
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- Saute in pan chopped onion, minced garlic, black pepper and ground turkey until brown.
- Meanwhile, open all your canned goods. I like to rinse my beans. Add all canned goods (beans, diced tomatoes, sauce and paste) into a large pot, or as I prefer, a slow cooker. Turn pot on medium or slow cooker on high. Add cumin, chili powder and bay leaves. Stir well until fully mixed and the paste is blended well.
- By now your meat should be browned. Drain excess fat and add all to pot/slow cooker. Lower heat if cooking in pot to low (if cooking in slow cooker, keep on high). Simmer for 1 hour at least. I like to keep mine cooking over an hr to really let the flavors mingle. Stir occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves prior to servince. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with grated cheese, sour cream, diced onion, or any other garnishes you wish. Makes wonderful leftovers too!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!