Three Bean Salad With Orange Vinaigrette
The original recipe comes out of one of my vegetarian cookbooks. I've played with the dressing over the years and scaled it up to work more easily with canned beans. Less than 5 minutes to put it together, this is a sure fire addition to summer barbeques and potlucks.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Drain and rinse beans and place in large container. Add red onions.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the beans.
- Serve at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I thought this was good, but next time I think I will leave the thyme out. I do love the fact that it is only 1 pt on WWatchers and ate it for that inbetween time when I get hungry it is full of fiber and protein, which is what I need to eat instead of something with empty calories. For that I thankyou very much for posting.Reply
This was a dissapointment. I was really looking forward toit becuas of the great combination of flavors and a nice, healthy content. The sauce wasn't heavy enough for our taste, it just pooled in the bottom and you didn't get very much. I even tryed chilling it over night to see if that helped. It thickened the sauce slightly, but still not enough. If I make this again, I think I'll just drop the black beans and the garbanzos. I would also add some sour cream to the sauce to thicken it up a bit as well as add some veggies or something. the dressing had a great flavor, just was't thick enough.Reply