Three Amigos Chili
This is a recipe given to me from a friend, that came out of "The Abs Diet, Eat Right Every Time Guide." It is a "One-Pot Dish." And it says "Powerfoods: 5"...whatever that means. *shrug* I don't use the jalapeno tomatoes it calls for, since we don't like spicey. I just use regular tomatoes. Super easy and super yum!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- hot sauce
- Heat oil on medium-low. Add onion and saute until soft (about 3-5min). Add turkey and brown (about 5min). Add tomatoes with juice, beans, broth, and spices. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20min.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is an excellent recipe! I actually just had it for lunch. If you would like to know more about power foods I suggest you read the Abs Diet book or Abs Diet for Women. You can also visit http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/nutritious-powerfoods-abs-diet to learn more about power foods. As far as suggestions for this recipe go- we added some chili seasoning and it turned out GREAT! Even the kids liked it. We tripled the recipe and I'm glad we did because it's just that good!