Threadgill's Cottage Cheese Cucumber Salad
photo by WLLO35
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Tabasco sauce
- Peel the cucumber and slice lengthwise into halves. Scrape out the seeds and discard, then chop the cucumber.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, cucumber, dill, and green onion. Fresh dill is best, but if you must substitute, use only 1 tsp of dried.
- Sprinkle on some black pepper and 3 dashes of Tabasco, stir again, and taste. Add more pepper and Tabasco to your taste. If you wish, skip the Tabasco and let everybody add it to their own serving.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've been eating this for lunch pretty much every day for a YEAR and just realized I haven't reviewed it. It's the perfect lunch for us stay-at-homers who need to watch calories and fat in the daytime while we're creating splashy stuff for the fam at dinner. I like a liberal sprinkling of cayenne in place of the Tabasco, and radishes or cherry tomatoes sometimes appear to vary the mix. Add a packet of soy crackers, a glass of sparkling water, an episode of "Top Chef", and welcome to my world.
What a yummy, easy and healthy side dish or salad! I luved the dilly flavour and the creamyness added by the cottage cheese! Mmmm! I decided to use this as a base for a chickpea, chili, millet pilaf, which was really, really nice! :) The tabasco added a subtle spicyness, which we all enjoyed! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, appleydapply! Made and reviewed for Everyday Is A Holiday Tag Game Novembre 09.
see 11 more reviews